ClickOnDetroit - April 15, 2020

WAYNE, Mich. – Beaumont Wayne currently has no patients, the hospital system announced Wednesday. According to officials, the remaining coronavirus (COVID-19) patients were discharged or transferred to other hospitals Tuesday.

Beaumont said some staff members were moved to other hospitals, while others were laid off.

MORE:Michigan representatives condemn temporary closure of Beaumont Wayne

The hospital will remain a COVID-19-only hospital in the event that cases surge when social distancing measures are scaled back, officials said. Last month, the emergency room at the Wayne hospital closed, and the location began accepting only COVID-19 patients. ...
Read full report and hospital's statement at ClickOnDetroit